Greek Lemon Roasted Potatoes Recipe
Sep 28, 2019
Maybe your grandmother made Greek lemon potatoes every Sunday for family dinner night—or maybe you wish she had. But either way, it’s never too late to create your own legacy of food memories. And what better place to begin than with a hearty dish like this one.
To get you started, we’ve brought you a few easy greek recipes that your family, as well as your guests, are just going to love. As with any recipe, feel free to incorporate a couple of your own favorite ingredients that will make the dish remarkably yours.
Zesty Greek Lemon Roasted Potatoes
- About 6 medium Potatoes
- 1 ½ Cups Chicken Broth (or vegetable stock for vegan)
- ½ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ⅓ Cup Lemon Juice (Fresh, if available)
- 3 crushed cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Peel and half potatoes lengthwise and place them in a large rectangular baking dish.
- In a large bowl: Combine salt, pepper, oregano, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and broth
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes. Cover the dish with foil and roast for about 40 minutes. Then remove the foil, toss the potatoes again— to make sure they are well coated in the mixture—then continue to roast for about another 20 minutes.
- Once they are perfectly tender, yet crispy on the edges, let the potatoes cool a bit before serving. This dish is just wonderful garnished with fresh parsley and lemon wedges. And it’s just perfect for a hearty side dish. Enjoy!
Traditional Lemon Greek Roasted Potatoes
- 3 pounds potatoes (peeled and sliced in half lengthwise)
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 2 medium lemons
- Sea salt and red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups chicken, or vegetable, stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss the potato slices in a large bowl with lemon juice and olive oil. Add the garlic and seasoning. Toss again
- Then spread the potatoes evenly onto a large baking dish. Pour the stock over the top and roast for about 1 hour, or until potatoes are perfectly done. (Tender in the center and deliciously crisp on the edges).
- Let them slightly cool before serving. Garnish with fresh lemon wedges and a sprinkling of dried oregano. Wonderful!
Roasted Greek Lemon Potato Bites
- 2 pounds potatoes, cubed into bite-sized pieces
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons mustard (yellow or golden)
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a full boil, then add the potato cubes. Just soften them for about 5 minutes. Be sure not to cook the potatoes completely. Drain and remove the potatoes from the pan, and then set them aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, oregano, and mustard.
- Add the cooled potato cubes to the bowl and stir until they are completely coated.
- Place them evenly on a baking sheet (pour any remaining liquid from the mixture over the top) and roast for about 25 minutes, or until done.
- Serve with fresh lemon wedges.
We promise to always use the finest ingredients, prepared with old-world traditions, to create our authentic Greek dishes.
For more information, keep up with our blog.